Our Eichler home in Sunnyvale
Last updated August, 2006.
Welcome to our house. Our home is in the Fairbrae development in Sunnyvale. This tract is located between Sunnyvale-Saratoga, Remington, Hollenbeck, and Fremont roads, and consists of 500 homes. Most houses in our neighborhood are Eichler homes. The development consists of a limited number of floorplans, but because mirror images were also used, the neighborhood shows a good variety of houses.
Our house was built in 1959. It has the "1224" floorplan. This plan features four bedrooms, two baths, an atrium, and a living space of 1875 sqft (167 m2). The lot is 7200 sqft (648 m2). The picture below shows the original floorplan of our house. Why are the letters in mirror image, you might ask. It is a newly discovered document of Leonardo da Vinci? No, I just flipped the 1224 blueprint to match our home's layout.
- The front of the house is in the bottom of the floorplan. It has a carport, and a large front yard.
- After going through the front door, you will come into the atrium, which is still outside! It is labelled "entry garden" in the floorplan, if you can read mirror image.
- To the left of the "real" entrance is our living room. It has a nice fireplace, and enough room for our sofa's, a table, and my turtle collection.
- In the back of the house lies the kitchen. Here is where all those good parties take place!
- Moving to the right of the floorplan, you will come into our master bedroom with walk-in closest and private bathroom.
- A long hallway connects to the other bedrooms.
- At the top of the picture you will find a nice size back yard.
Here are some nice pictures taken around 1960, showing the same floorplan as our house. There was even an article on our model, in a magazine called Family Circle. It is fascinating to see how our house looked in the 60ies!
Links to other Eichler homes
Here are some links to other peoples who are showing off their Eichlers!
- To The Web, the Eichler home of Barry Brisco, one of the biggest Eichler enthousiastics on earth. His floorplan is exactly the same as ours. Currently (August 2006), he is remodeling his house, and it will look very different than the original. But he has really cool plans and pictures.
- Raoul and Baerbel's Eichler, who live near us in Sunnyvale, but have a different floorplan than us
- The Fitch Family, undisclosed location
- Loni Nagwani, a realtor specializing in Eichlers, and living in one herself
- Cynthia Berg, who is also an Eichler-realtor living in an Eichler home herself
More Eichler fun and facts
If you would like to know more about Eichlers, I have made an Eichler Homes page with some more general info and links.
Back to Elies Bik's home page.